Visiting Research Scholar, UCLA
Supervisor: Dr. Judea Pearl
Studying: Agents and Learning Systems.
I am, foremost, driven by the goal to create personalized humane-agents that can influence and alter human decision making. They key question that motivates me is:
How to build intelligent machines that can act as emotional companions for humans?
I, thus, do interdisciplinary research across a wide range of areas in AI including-
- AutoML (HPO, Meta-Learning, NAS)
- Artificial Life
- Embodied Cognition
- Evolutionary Computation
- Procedural Content Generation
- Systems Theory
- Cognitive Sciences
- Natural Language Processing and
- Reinforcement Learning.
Prior to that, I worked with various startups across U.S., U.K. and India in business intelligence roles for companies to better understand user behavior, growth and engagement. My academic background is in Mathematics with minors in Statistics and Computer Science. CV available on request.
- Competing in Animal-AI Olympics for NeurIPS 2019.
- June 2019: Attended ICML 2019 in Long Beach
- October 2018: Committee Co-Chair for PyData Los Angeles where I presented a talk on Big Problems at the Heart of Machine Learning and a tutorial on
A Hands-On Application of Causal Methods in Python
- June 2018: Competed in AutoML for LifeLong Machine Learning Challenge for NeurIPS 2018
- In Decemeber 2018, I launched MLNerdie to solve the induction problem in Machine Learning where I conduct weekly Saturday classes in Deep Reinforcement Learning and NLP. I am also currently serving as the Director for Women Who Code L.A.
If you happen to be interested in the same topics and would like to collaborate, please feel to email me with a rough 1-page proposal that includes the abstract and some background readings you have conducted on the topic.
Also, I am always happy to visit labs or companies to give talks - shoot me an email if you'd like to discuss further!
Every once in a while, I engage in the easier competitive sports 😂 like parkour, archery, fencing, horse-riding, skiing, rafting etc. I am currently working on a book about the psychology of world's top 1% in my free-time (expected completion: Aug, 2020, expected launch: Dec, 2020)